June 24, 2006

10K part 2

Please read my previous post to get a little more insight into the few words posted here.

I had a few more thoughts about running and the race, but they seem to have disappeared. But that's okay. I'll let you draw out the parllels between running and this life for yourself from my last post. Running is so pure; I can see why it was the only competition in the beginning of the Olympic tradition. And I can see why it's used so much in Scripture to give us a great image of our job here. In fact, before I leave you with some pictures from the run, let me quote another piece of the Text that very much sums up running and life; it is one of the earliest passages I remember memorizing:
'...one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.' --Philippians 3:13b-14
Here's me and Ethan and Drew in the 2 miler we ran after the 10K.

The 10K, when we were still with the 60 minute pace guy! (We finished 10 seconds after him.)
'Pressing on toward the goal.' Near the end of the race, which, incidentally, is the best part of any race!

No comments: