March 14, 2007

hearts & minds books

I wanted to let people know about a great and passionate person, Byron Borger, and the object and outlet for his greatness and passion: his bookstore, Hearts & Minds.

I got to see this guy at a conference recently (Jubilee) and loves helping Christians be 'academically faithful' as they walk with God. He wants to get books into the hands of people (especially college students) that 'enlarge the heart and stimulate the mind.' He was very animated as he eloquently spoke about each book he had the chance to spotlight, and he really encouraged me personally to be better disciplined about reading good books.

I added a link under MUSIC, LIT. & THE ARTS called 'hearts & minds booknotes.' Check out his blog, it's got reviews of all kinds of books. Careful though; he'll make you want to spend all your money!

5 comments:

The Royal Garcias said...

Hey Cameron--Not sure if you've heard of this or not, but I thought of your coffeehouse while perusing this web site: www.equalexchange.com.

Also, I'm reading a book you may find interesting: Irresistable Revolution by Shane Claiborne. www.thesimpleway.org

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing great! --Cayla

cameron king said...

Thanks Cayla, I'll check it out! Hey I'll link your blog on mine if you don't mind; I'm glad to know some of your thoughts/life are out there that I can keep up with!

Yeah, this Hearts & Minds Books guy was at the Jubilee conference along with Shane Claiborne, who we got to hear speak. Pretty amazing testimony he has, and he's got so many awesome stories.

Jason Seville said...

Cameron,

Hey bro - just stopping by to say Hi. I found your blog linked through another blog...

Hope all is well!
Jason Seville
http://jasonseville.blogspot.com

Ashley M said...

Cam-

You were at Jubilee? Did you see Katie Hawkins? She works for CCO....just wondering!

Ashley

cameron king said...

Hey Jason & Ashley! Thanks for saying hi! And yeah, Ashley, I did see Katie Hawkins at Jubilee. CCO is a great organization! Billy and I have been working more closely with Brian Shope over the last year, and we've learned a lot about CCO and what they stand for.

I wish I could see you guys at the Crusade reunion, but I'll be out of town with the family that day. I'll link your blogs though and hopefully we can keep in touch on here!