February 9, 2006

Recommended blog

Hello! I just wanted to post a quick word on my friend Adam Shaffer's blog. He's been a friend of mine a long time (way back to kindergarten and 'extended studies') and when I moved from Elkins in 1994, I didn't get to see him as much until one unexpected night in 2002 at This Generation, the college church service that was a precursor to h2o. He had recently come to know Jesus and, though the same in many ways, I could tell that his life had changed; there was a joy and light in his eyes.

Since then we've seen each other a lot and were even roommates a short while, and our friendship has been a great part of my life. Adam has a very introspective and thoughtful mind, like me, and our conversations often have a bit of the 'epic' in them. He's also a creative writer, and we've joined his lyrical and my songwriting abilities to create or begin work on at least (correct me if I'm wrong, Adam) 6 songs so far. One of these is Lord, We Believe, which has been featured the last two years (and will be again this year) in The Passion, the musical production Chestnut Ridge Church here in Morgantown puts on each year. I'm sure I'll blog more on that later (I have somewhat of a role in it). :o)

Anyway, Adam has a blog that he started last summer. He's only posted a few entries, but they're very well-written and insightful, and I think they're worth checking out. Plus I thought if enough of you read them and leave comments, maybe we can get him to start writing again! By the way, bloggers love when people leave comments, so feel free to leave me some anytime. Here's Adam's website: adamshaffer.blogspot.com. I've added him to my links section too. Enjoy!

(Oh yeah, here's a picture with me and Adam [he's the one on the far left] and some of my other good friends [Josh, then Johnny on the far right] from my wedding day.)

adam, josh, me & johnny on the wedding day Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Adam said...

you can check out my blog now...back by popul-well back by demand. yeah!!!!

colleen king said...

hey cam...you should put a link to invisible children on your site.
also i am going to call you tonight about JHC. love!