July 11, 2006

L T

Hello! Just wanted to say sorry for not updating in a while. Been busy! But that's no excuse of course. Sarah and I have been in Wilmington, NC for a week (we traveled down on July 2nd, our 1st wedding anniversary!) and we'll be here the rest of July helping with Great Commission Ministries' Leadership Training [LT] program. It's for college students, to give them 10 weeks of a summer to maintain a job in different setting, to grow in their faith and knowledge of the Word, and to have unique opportunities to have a positive impact for Christ in the lives of new friends they meet (on the job or on the beach!) in an 'aggressively relational' approach. Sarah and I assist in a few different areas of the program; I'll blog more on that later.

For now, for your viewing pleasure, I'll leave you with a seagull on Wrightsville Beach for whom I waited patiently to stand on one leg as I've seen seagulls often do. It took this one a while to get comfortable enough to do so. I think the one-leg position is a relaxed posture for the seagull, and I don't think they settle into it until they feel pretty safe (which can be hard with us humans hanging around). The reason I think this is that they have slightly less time to prepare for flight when they're on one leg. Any seagull experts out there want to confirm or deny my theory?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still read your blog, Son!

:) Love

Guess Who?!?